This presentation was given to the NAUMD members on the creation of employee handbooks. The advice and suggestions are valuable for those organizing or updating their handbooks.
Susan Fahey Desmond is a principal with Jackson Lewis PC. She has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law for over 30 years. Ms. Desmond is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers.
The purpose of an employee handbook:
- Legal Compliance/Protections
- Communicate Operational Policies
- Policies as a Shield for Company and Not Sword For Employees
- Communicate Corporate Culture
- Advise Employees of Company Expectations
- Effective Reference Tool For Employees